Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: SF15-T Custom Display Template  (Read 961 times)

Offline Piertaylor

• Gold PREMIUM Subscription
  • SLIMax Guru
SF15-T Custom Display Template
« on: January 08, 2016, 10:00:28 PM »

Hi everybody!

I'm going to replicate the Ferrari SF15-T dashboard with the amazing vDash.
Take a look at my first work... ;)

I need help from Zappadoc for making some adjustments:
changing GEAR and RIGHT/LEFT PANEL font type in arial;
changing BBIAS shown value to the real one (in %2.1f) - example: I set "58.0" but vDash shows "0,4";
time data function doesn't work (what does it refer to? current time, current laptime...);
adding more infos on the screen like current laptime, Besta Lap Diff, Last Lap Diff;
adding more screens/behaviors (example: pitlimiter screen without any other information displayed except speed value, leds and pitlimiter flag );
possibility to add custom flags (example: ENGINE ON - ENGINE STOP, clutch bite point ecc.).

I hope you like it (first alpha release) - work in progress!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:36:38 PM by zappadoc »
  • My SLI Devices List:
    SIMRACE-LCD,SIMRACE-F1, SLI-PRO, G27, T300GTE

Offline zappadoc

• Developers
  • Site Owner
  • No email or PM support
    • ZDoc Dev Blog
Re: SF15-T Custom Display Template
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 10:39:30 PM »
Really cool!

ok first there is a lot powerful features in v1.03 to get "almost" the display you want to create. so let start to give you some tips to acheive your goal:

- Brake Bias
you have the reply in the latest template I upload for iRacing McLaren F1 car, so if you load this template and check the properties you see something like this in the Eval field (check the Math expression eval in Getting Started section)

56 + DATA

this simple addition displays the same B.balance as iRacing. As I said in the tutorial DATA corresponds to the telemetry value

DIGITS Panels
left and right panel cannot be turned to ARIAL they are managed as a DIGIT on PCB like in the firmware of SLI-F1/SIM Race F1

Gear:
you have the gear in DATA OTHER options, so if you really need an arial font use the DATA object instead of the Big Gear object

Pit Limiter (i.e. FLAG Object)
FLAG Object cannot be resized for now, so the workaround is to create more than one Pit Limiter object with its max font size in BLACK with no text or space in BLACK as well, put them on top of objects that must be hidden and obviously set down the BLINK property

Cheers,
z

• My SLI Devices List:
    All SIM Display, All EMU's, Fanatec, Logitech, Thrustmaster
No support will be provided by PM or EMAIL, PM has been disabled due to heavy spam and abuse, please post in the support boards, thanks for your understanding.

Offline zappadoc

• Developers
  • Site Owner
  • No email or PM support
    • ZDoc Dev Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 10:45:17 PM »
Also, I suggest to start with a blank page with the PCU-8D in background and add the rpm led and marshal led objects as if you want to dynamically change the objects on the page you should implement several templates using more than one page.
  • My SLI Devices List:
No support will be provided by PM or EMAIL, PM has been disabled due to heavy spam and abuse, please post in the support boards, thanks for your understanding.

Offline Piertaylor

• SLIMax Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 11:18:15 PM »
Gear:
you have the gear in DATA OTHER options, so if you really need an arial font use the DATA object instead of the Big Gear object

Pit Limiter (i.e. FLAG Object)
FLAG Object cannot be resized for now, so the workaround is to create more than one Pit Limiter object with its max font size in BLACK with no text or space in BLACK as well, put them on top of objects that must be hidden and obviously set down the BLINK property

Cheers,
z

Great! Thank you Doc... ;)

I remember you data time doesn't work... :(
  • My SLI Devices List:

Offline Piertaylor

• SLIMax Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 11:21:39 PM »
Also, I suggest to start with a blank page with the PCU-8D in background and add the rpm led and marshal led objects as if you want to dynamically change the objects on the page you should implement several templates using more than one page.

Ok, very useful!I could manage the pages by pushing a button on my wheel, having pit screen, start screnn excetera!
Wow!
  • My SLI Devices List:

Offline zappadoc

• Developers
  • Site Owner
  • No email or PM support
    • ZDoc Dev Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 11:38:02 PM »
Yep. You will find the control assignment to change page in vdashemu setup of Slimax manager pro
You should change the fuel horizontal gauge to match the  Vetel display...etc

I will check the dara time object
Cheers,
z
  • My SLI Devices List:

Offline Piertaylor

• SLIMax Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 12:08:31 AM »
Yep. You will find the control assignment to change page in vdashemu setup of Slimax manager pro
You should change the fuel horizontal gauge to match the  Vetel display...etc

I will check the dara time object
Cheers,
z

Perfect, I'll do that.
I could make other F1 dashes as soon as I finish this one... ;)

The horizontal gauge in my dash is for ERS (it doesn't work in rF2 :(  ), the vertical gauge is for fuel like in real car.

Thank you Doc, good night for now! ;)
  • My SLI Devices List:

Offline zappadoc

• Developers
  • Site Owner
  • No email or PM support
    • ZDoc Dev Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 07:33:39 AM »
ERS is only supported by iRacing API on McLaren MP4 30 F1 car
  • My SLI Devices List:

Offline zappadoc

• Developers
  • Site Owner
  • No email or PM support
    • ZDoc Dev Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 09:12:58 AM »
Hi, DATA Time object works, tested with Last/Best/Current/Elapsed values
  • My SLI Devices List:

Offline Piertaylor

• SLIMax Guru
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 09:50:21 AM »
Hi, DATA Time object works, tested with Last/Best/Current/Elapsed values

Ok, I'll try this afternoon with a new template...I don't know why it doesn't work for me.
Can you explain me what it refers to? System time? Current lap time? Time elapsed?

Also,  bbias or engine boost settings are displayed on both panels like in simrace F1. I think theese values should be displayed with flag object only. Better, every function should be a separate flag object (clutch bp, bbias, boost, fuel mix, etc.) Leaving both panels for lap time infos.

Last thing: I tried to add DATA + 65 in bbias option of other flag object but nothing happens. I'll share the json file hoping you can check it.
Thank you my friend! ;)
  • My SLI Devices List:

Offline zappadoc

• Developers
  • Site Owner
  • No email or PM support
    • ZDoc Dev Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 11:29:47 AM »
>Can you explain me what it refers to? System time? Current lap time? Time elapsed?

? does this really need to be explained? ;)
system time = the current time set in your phone;
current lap time = your current lap time;
time elapsed since the session started

this is exactly like in the SLIMax Mgr Pro setup

>Also,  bbias or engine boost settings are displayed on both panels like in simrace F1.
normal this is a display emulator, this is information displayed on information panels

> I think theese values should be displayed with flag object only.
FLAG object like the DATA Object are Telemetry data not contextual information

Keep in mind you are running a sophisticated display emulator on your phone/tablet not a full game devices manager like SLIMax Manager Pro... :)
Cheers,
z

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 11:34:30 AM by zappadoc »
  • My SLI Devices List:

Offline zappadoc

• Developers
  • Site Owner
  • No email or PM support
    • ZDoc Dev Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 02:35:46 PM »
Hey!

This template is AMAZING thanks again to Piertaylor for sharing it with us. I recommend to use it with the new Assetto Corsa RED PACK F1 car. it is a really GOOD BASE to do your custom F1 display template. I created a support discussions and I suggest to everyone interested to contribute to improve this template and create other related materials.

Here it is:
http://www.eksimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=3442.0

Cheers,
z
  • My SLI Devices List: