Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Does 'Pots combined' also work for hall sensors?  (Read 88 times)

Offline Jessun

• Gold PREMIUM Subscription
Does 'Pots combined' also work for hall sensors?
« on: January 03, 2019, 02:42:19 PM »
Hi!

I use a SIMDISPLAY F1 with the two analogue inputs connected to two hall sensors. At present the magnets don't seem to be in the best position and when I run Windows 10 game controller calibration my two clutch levers on the wheel act more like switches in all honesty rather than showing a kinda linear input. But they both respond and are detected by F1 2018.

Anyways should I run these as combined pots? Or am I better off actually putting two pots on rather than the hall sensors?

/Jessun
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 02:47:22 PM by Jessun »
  • My SLI Devices List:
    SLI-PRO, SIMRACE-F1

Offline theStaff

• Developers
  • SLIMax Guru
    • eksimracing website
Re: Does 'Pots combined' also work for hall sensors?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 04:35:50 PM »
Hello,

This is typically a hardware question to ask to SIM Display or your hardware supplier directly.

Regards,
EKSIMRacing staff

Offline Jessun

• Gold PREMIUM Subscription
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 05:15:27 PM »
True I suppose, but I thought I'd throw the question out here since the option to combine pots is a function of the SLIMax Manager software and not really covered in the Simdisplay software guides, I thought some folks here, devs or users might know the answer.

All the best guys

/Jessun
  • My SLI Devices List:
    SLI-PRO, SIMRACE-F1

Offline zappadoc

• Developers
  • Site Owner
  • No email or PM support
    • ZDoc Dev Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 08:16:51 PM »
Hi,
You right if this request is more about the "Pots Combined" feature of SLIMax Mgr Pro than hall sensor behavior, in this case I can only confirm settings the pots combined to true with SIM Race F1 display is like using only the (virtual) switch 10 features of SLIMax Mgr Pro which intend to use the analog pot as a switch. Applying filter to virtual switch 10 and 11 ( corresponding to analog pots of your display device) is for internal functions of SLIMax Mgr Pro only and doesn't change the output value of the hardware as such Windows will continue to get un-linear data from the pots.

Cheers,
z
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:09:34 PM by zappadoc »
  • My SLI Devices List:
    All SIM Display, All EMU's, Fanatec, Logitech, Thrustmaster
No support will be provided by PM or EMAIL, PM has been disabled due to heavy spam and abuse, please post in the support boards, thanks for your understanding.